Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -- Hebrews 11:1

Monday, April 5, 2010

Life to the Fullest

Well, I am not sure why I stopped writing. I loved it for the short time I did it. Then, I just stopped. Hmmm.... I am ridiculous.

Well, life has changed quite a bit; where do I begin...

Let me start with what I am doing: I work at Cedar Creek Kindergarten as a teacher's aide. I LOVE my job. I get to hang out with kids all day and help the teachers. It is quite perfect for me in the between of what is happening. I have enjoyed getting to know 42 new faces as well as becoming great friends with the other aides and teachers. It has definitely been a blessing!

Next, I am getting my Masters of Arts in Teaching for PK-3. I didn't think I wanted to do this at first. However, the Lord definitely provided for me. With working with the Kindergarten, I learned it is what I really want to do. I love seeing the children grow from not being able to read to reading full books! I love seeing and hearing their stories everyday! I am so thankful that the Lord brought me into the program! One day, I hope to have my own classroom. O the JOY!

So I keep myself pretty busy with work and school! But the biggest news of all is that I AM ENGAGED!

Yes. It is true. The Lord truly brought us together.

It all began last May. If you think about it, it actually started 4 years ago when we first met. Jordan (Bradley) and I met when I went to Ames, IA to help Catie at a children's camp. We became friends and stayed that way over the years. We didn't talk that much over the years except once or twice. We had two separate lives. I was in Ruston beginning college and he was in Ames beginning his.

So, to continue the story... This all begins last May. Jordan was in the same place as my sister doing 6 months of mission work and taking 6 months off of school. Catie tells me he is there several times, but I was consumed with my own life at that point (with graduating from college and all). ON graduation day, I was skyping with Catie and Jordan happens to show up in the video. They were all at her apt for the night. So, I write on his facebook wall that it was nice to see him and that I hope he is having a good time with my sister. Well, that started it all. We begin facebook messaging. Then, since facebook is quite a hassle, we began emailing. Jordan came back stateside in July. The emailing continued until we decided to watch Lost together. I had watched all the seasons from the urging of Jordan and I was on Season 4. This is when we began to talk on the phone as well as videochat.

On September 12, Jordan asked if "we can define what we are doing!" This is when we started dating. We knew it would be hard. Being so far apart and trying to have a relationship. We had one thing down for sure though: Communication! We knew this Long Distance Relationship (LDR) would be worth it though.

Our first time to see us would not be until Thanksgiving Break. It was a rough wait. We hadn't seen each other in person in over 4 years! However, the wait was worth it. Being together felt so right and it was great to be with him in person instead of on a computer screen. We spent over a week together and he was my date to Caroline's wedding.

This time together was when we began talking about marriage. We KNEW the Lord brought us together. 2 1/2 months later, we are engaged!!!

I will graduate with my Masters on November 20. Jordan graduates with his degree this May 8. Our wedding is this November 27, 2010!!!

Now, there just seems to be so much to do with little time to do it! haha. Just Kidding! I have this amazing wedding organizer that is keeping everything together! Plus, I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for!

I am really going to try my best to keep this updated from here on out!! There is still so much to tell, but my homework needs to get done!!

In Him,
Emma

3 comments:

  1. Yippee for Kids Camp in Ames, IA! Yippee for another southern girl marrying an Iowa boy! Can't wait to have you here Miss Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go to Iowa!!! Stay in Ruston FOREVER!!! Just kidding. I think yall's story is cute and I'm SOOO happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete