Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -- Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm in Iowa!

To begin, it has been a long time since I updated! Man, how time flies when you are finishing school, being in a wedding, fiancée coming into town, and then I move to Iowa for 3 months!

Me at Rachel's and Ryan's wedding!

Whoa, are the words that come to my mind.

May 24 - 27: Jordan and I went through my entire closet, getting rid of 50% of the objects in them with 25% of that being old binders that do not get used anymore. Technically, I went through the closet while Jordan sat on my bed figuring out what could be sold online or not. Quite amusing if I say so myself.

Jordan slept only a little bit while I drove. I have to admit... he drove most of the way up :)
Jordan packed my trunk perfectly full!


May 28: Jordan and I decided to leave a day early since I was done with my job for the year and most of the stuff we needed to go through had already been done. So, on May 30, Jordan and I left at 7 a.m. on the 15 hour trip to Ames. We made it to Ankeny, IA to his paretns home at around 9:45 that Friday night. It took a bit longer than his usual trips mainly because we made more stops on account of having to use the restroom (having a small bladder is not helpful on such long trips!)

May 29: Jordan and I spent the day at his parents. Jordan helped his dad with several around the house jobs and I spent the day relaxing and reading the fourth book of the twilight saga! (I'm such a nerd, I have come to terms with it now...)

May 30: Jordan and I got up a little early and went to church at Cornerstone here in Ames. We then unpacked the car, which was quite a haul if I do say so myself. I got myself moved in and met the girl I am subleasing her apt room for the summer. I also met Leah in real life who is my lovely roommate for the summer. Then, we spent the evening hanging out with some friends. Another relaxing day.

The Summer Apt:


The door that leads in the apt. It is on the second floor is a very safe building!

The living room space. Leah and her real roommate, Esther, have decorated quite nicely and I know I will enjoy lots of time in this room... like now :)

My room or really Esther's room she is letting me rent out and use her furniture!

My closet. hahahahahaha

Until next time, In Him,
Emma

1 comment:

  1. Love the update! So glad u are getting settled in Ames! :)

    ReplyDelete