Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -- Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Coffee Shop

Over the past four to six years, I have become what some may call a 'coffee addict.' Personally, I like to call it a passion for the great taste of coffee or simply a coffee lover. But in the end, the same meaning comes from both names... I absolutely love coffee. The smell, the taste, and even the atmosphere that a simple cup of coffee brings to a group of people. I love it both cold and hot although I prefer it hot. I also love it STRONG! My dad can not take how strong (or how Starbucks puts it...'extra bold') my coffee is.

Well, after all of that... my point is that one day, maybe in the near future or maybe in the far future, I want to open and own my own coffee shop. I believe this all started when my days of studying and fellowship with friends. I remember the time when we would all just need to get together and the coffee shop called Crescent City was the number one choice. I want my place to be like that. I want people of all backgrounds, age, and reason for coming to the shop to come!

I have this one huge vision in mind for a children level. Well, maybe I should begin with saying that I want this place to be two stories. The top level is like a children's library/ hangout area. Therefore, the children have a place to go and the mothers are able to have a cup of coffee and some free time.

All these ideas have been growing over the years... I need to write them down. haha

So the main purpose though for all of this (: the coffee shop I mean) is for fellowship. I want it to be a place where all people feel welcomed and a place to get to know others. Fellowship is about people coming from all different backgrounds and living life together. Fellowship is vital to the human life and especially the Christian walk. So many people think they can do it on their own and not need anything from others. But a simple talk or hello can change someones life. That is what is missing in this individualistic world we live in. Living life together doesn't mean you have to be doing something or getting the next big item, it means being a friend who listens and supports when it is needed. The reason I stress a place for children is because that is where it all begins. Children learn so much more from watching others and they have a place to fellowship as well as their parents; basically, they are learning for one another.

Fellowship is a necessity. That is why the purpose of church began so many years ago. Now, I feel that church is not acting the way it is suppose to lately and people get the wrong impressions there... but that can be a whole other post. I am not trying to say that I want the coffee shop to take the place of church either. All I can say, Fellowship is a necessity and most times it is needed other than Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. :)

Anyways. I have been thinking about that this week. I believe it will be a lifelong dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment